Warmer weather and longer days, it must be spring! With the change in season comes the urge to wake up your backyard living space with a little TLC. In this article, we’re going to walk you through the steps to spring clean your backyard living space and bring your swimming pool back to life.
CLEAR DEBRIS AND INSPECT
First, you will want to take a walk around your backyard and see what needs to be done. You may find it helpful to purchase a few paper waste bags from your local home hardware or landscape store and start to clear away debris like weeds, leaves and sticks. Any garbage can be thrown away or recycled as needed.
This is a great opportunity for you to inspect your backyard and determine what needs to be done. From the odd pool repair to landscaping and maybe a new set of patio furniture, this is your time to make a list of what must be done so that you can effectively spring clean your backyard.
It’s time to clean! We suggest gathering a bucket, hose, soap, and pressure washer to effectively clean the elements within your backyard and accessories, such as patio furniture. Pressure wash your deck and the siding or brick of your house to wash away dirt and grime. Next, focus on your patio furniture, patio area, and any other accessories or furnishings that could benefit from a little sparkle as you move into the warmer months.
OPEN YOUR POOL
Now that you have given your backyard the spring cleaning that it deserves, it’s time to open your pool.
- Drain and clean your swimming pool cover, then remove and store it away.
- Raise the water level back to normal with a garden hose.
- Reconnect your pool equipment, including the filter, pump and heater.
- Remove any winter plugs and then re-attach the drain plug.
- Remove winterizing plugs from the skimmer and return lines.
- Turn your pool system back on, including priming the pump, engaging the circulation/filtration system, and opening the air relief valve if your pool has one.
- Add water care products and metal removers to the water as it fills and regulates. Once it has run for several hours, use a test kit to test the water and see where any adjustments need to be made.
If you have any questions about opening your pool, contact our team of experts at Sundance Spas of Edmonton today.
PLAN FOR IMPROVEMENTS
As you spring clean your backyard space, chances are you’ll notice a few things that need to be improved. Now that your backyard is up and running, you can continue with the updates and changes that will keep you enjoying this space throughout the summer months.
To get started, visit our team members at Sundance Spas of Edmonton today. We can help you make the most of your outdoor living space with the best swimming pool and hot tub pricing around. Visit our showroom today to shop swimming pools, new hot tubs, used hot tubs, and backyard accessories, from pool covers to hot tub covers and more.