Your backyard should offer a place for you to relax with family, entertain guests and restore your energy. You can customize your outdoor oasis to meet your each and every need. Whether you have a fully-loaded swimming pool area or opted for a built-in hot tub or swim spa installation, questions might arise from time to time. That’s where our experts at Sundance Spas of Edmonton can really come in handy. With many combined years of experience, our team of backyard specialists can help answer any questions you may have and find solutions to maximize the enjoyment of your outdoor living space.
If you have a question about a product purchased from our store or a question about our services, scroll down and browse through the many questions and answers below. If you can’t find the solution you’re looking for, simply get in touch with us today. Feel free to stop by our showroom to get started.
WHICH HOT TUB IS BEST FOR ME?
• Your budget, both short and long term
• The layout of your backyard and where you would install the hot tub
• The size of your family, as this can influence the capacity or number of seats you’ll require
• The style of your backyard, as you may want to match your hot tub to create flow
For more information about the hot tubs available to you, visit our showroom today.
HOW MUCH DO HOT TUBS COST?
Here at Sundance Spas of Edmonton, we believe in quality spas built for excellence. That’s why we only sell the best. By spending a little more upfront on a top-tier hot tub, one that leads the industry in innovation, you can invest in a future of health, wellness, leisure, and entertainment. These higher-quality spas are often fully-equipped with the latest features and modern technology, including powerful hydrotherapy jets, ergonomic seats, comprehensive and user-friendly controls, Bluetooth technology, durable materials, and extensive warranties. Not to mention it’s almost guaranteed that it will last for many years to come, providing you and your family with countless memories.
The price associated with a hot tub can depend on factors such as:
• Materials • Features
Before you head to our showroom, you may find it helpful to first determine a comfortable budget, both long and short term. This will help your sales associate to better narrow down hot tubs available in your price range or provide you with acceptable alternatives.
HOW MUCH DO HOT TUBS WEIGH?
HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN FIT INTO A HOT TUB?
DO I NEED A HOT TUB COVER?
Each hot tub has a cover that fits it perfectly. This perfect fit will seal the cover to the hot tub, effectively trapping heat inside the spa, preventing it from escaping. This helps to better regulate the temperature inside and maintain it, reducing the amount of power required to continually heat the water as heat escapes from the surface.
By securing a cover on top of your hot tub, not only will you keep the heat and water in, but you will keep other contaminants out. By protecting the water from insects, dirt, debris, rain water, and other contaminants, you can enjoy clear and safe water for longer periods of time.
A secure hot tub cover will keep curious wildlife, pets and children from entering the water, especially without your supervision. Hot tub covers should be lockable to keep everyone safe, and for insurance purposes.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I CLEAN AND CHANGE MY HOT TUB FILTER?
Soak your hot tub filter overnight every two months in a bucket of water with a filter cleaning solution, to remove deep-down dirt and debris. Let the filter dry completely before putting it back in spa. Have a second filter clean and ready for when you remove a filter for cleaning.
Replace your hot tub filter every two to three years, to ensure a properly maintained and effective filtration and circulation system.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I CLEAN AND CHANGE MY HOT TUB WATER?
Note: The water in Sundance® Spas with MicroClean® filtration and UV-C water purification can last up to 12 months before requiring a change.
WHAT IS A SWIM SPA?
Swim spas come equipped with a seating area at one end and an open-concept area at the other. This provides you with both a place to relax and entertain, as well as swim, exercise or just play. The seated area usually has strategically-placed jets in order to massage some of the more tense and stress-prone areas of the body, along with other features such as interior lighting and control panels. The other end of the swim spa will feature a high-powered jet system, which can create a stream of water that is powerful enough for you to swim, walk or jog against. Great for more than just exercise, you can spend countless hours creating valuable memories with family and friends alike in your outdoor swim spa.
ARE SWIM SPAS WORTH IT?
• Better sleep patterns
• Reduced fatigue and stress
• Better skin and circulation
• Weight loss or maintenance
• Stronger muscles and improved endurance
• Fewer aches and pains
• Improved post-injury recovery
Not to mention, swim spas fit into most backyards, can be installed below or above ground, and can even be installed within your house!
CAN SWIM SPAS BE USED IN THE WINTER?
CAN YOU EXERCISE IN A SWIM SPA?
We highly recommend consulting a physician before engaging in any fitness regimen. Your best health is always our top priority.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF AN ABOVE-GROUND POOL?
• Higher resale value
• Improved functionality
• Improved safety, as above-ground installations can be fenced off and have a reduced risk of injury, as it can be much easier to slip and fall into an in-ground swimming pool
• A place to entertain guests
• A more welcoming atmosphere
SHOULD I BUY A POOL OR A HOT TUB?
• The size of your backyard: a smaller backyard may not be able to accommodate a swimming pool, while a more compact hot tub installation could be possible.
• Your wants and needs: are you looking to kick back and relax after a long day at the office, or would you prefer a backyard that caters to fun, recreation and entertainment?
• Your budget: swimming pool installations will often cost more than hot tub installations, while the ongoing maintenance costs may differ from person to person.
• Your lifestyle: are you newly retired or an empty nester, or perhaps you have a young family with children who love to play? Your current and future lifestyle may play a bigger role than you think on the choice between a pool and a hot tub.
If you simply can’t choose between a hot tub and a swimming pool, why not consider a swim spa? Most describe swim spas as the perfect combination of the two, which means you wouldn’t have to compromise on one benefit or feature for another!
For more information about the hot tubs, pools and swim spas available to you, speak with our experts at Sundance Spas of Edmonton today.
WILL POOL WATER HURT MY DOG?
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I CLEAN MY POOL WATER?
Daily or Every Other Day
• Clean skimmers
• Use a net to remove leaves, insects and dirt from the surface
• Vacuum the pool
• Test the pool water and treat accordingly
• Clean the tiles with a cloth and cleaner
• Clean the pool pumps: open and backwash
When it comes to the safety and efficiency of your pool, you can never be too clean!